Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

mainstreaming- new thread

Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 18:46:15 PDT

In a message dated 10/20/01 3:42:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> . We all know we modify our marking for these children however when they
> are mainstreamed into general classes- we just can't spend all of our time
> "explaining" EVERYTHING to them. Probably one of the drawbacks of
> mainstreaming special needs students.
       Which leads me to query other esp. middle school teachers--how do you
handle this? I have a section where literally 13 out of 24 students is either
adhd ,15:1 or resource room. I am in my 8th year. It is so incredibly
frustrating to just try to get them to focus and stay under
control........and the ones who are "with it " don't get as much attention as
they deserve-even with one aide in the room. It really annoys me!!!!
       On the flip side of this, I have seen many times the kids who teachers
claim are clueless to have the most intense focus, concentration, and amazing
expression of is very interesting...........Your thoughts on
this please?
       Christine from Binghamton