RE: am I a terrible teacher?

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 17:04:13 PDT

Nancy, I've had combined classes before too but not at the high school
level. I also teach in a block format. I video tape the lesson for both
levels and have them review it if they need. I had a t.v. and VCR in class
off in the corner. I also have power points that the kids can go back and
pull up to review. On long projects, I found that having progress grades
every week helps also. On their rubric it tells them how far they have to be
by each date, therefore no one is rushing at the end. If they are behind on
any progress date, I call home. Hope this helps, chow, hope you got to have
a relaxing week-end. Remember, you do touch lives.