Re: Graphic's Teachers-longish

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 16:56:01 PDT

In a message dated 10/20/2001 9:31:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
DCaldw9606@aol.com writes:

> We just
> finished designing menus, Identity Packages, logo, using Freehand and Flash
> and are now creating a web-site for their fictional restaurant, using
> Dreamweaver. I did not intend to be so lengthy. I am a first year teacher,
> K-12 art.

When I was teaching Graphic Design I did a project with my Seniors that they
liked and I thought came out great. They redesigned the dollar bill.

I scanned a real dollar for them to use on a network. They could take parts
of the original to give them serial numbers and seals. They had to have a
one printed and in numerical form, as well as a picture. They loved it and
came up wit some great ideas. I showed them money from other countries and
we discussed how their money was different and what do they need on the
currency. Each dollar was made larger than a real dollar and was printed to
show both sides on one page.

Cal Poly here in California uses this as one of their student projects for
admission and 3 students used them for their portfolio's and all three were
accepted. I have some slides of these if you would like to see them and I
can send them to you.

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA

---