Wire Sculpture

---------

From: Cindi Hiers (suwanneecrew_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 15:54:50 PDT

Hope your weekend has been great! I am
pre-thinking........youch...... Does anybody have a
good wire sculpture lesson?? I introduced wire
sculpture to 3D while my 2D was doing gestures (the NY
tragedy happened then and I flipped to a "teachable
moment" in 3D) but I got a good vibe the students'
weren't going to understand the gesture concept so
well anyway. I am ready to re-introduce wire
sculpture, the 2D gesture lesson is long past, and I
want to shift to a simpler lesson with 3D---contour
only maybe. I have beautiful mulch outside the
classroom and I thought maybe they could build thier
wire sculptures from that (cheap!). Or does someone
have a good wire sculpture base? Clay---I have Indian
Red left overs---will the clay crack eventually? Drill
 hole throught the mulch? A glue type? Thanks
for your time. :) Cindi