Re: Perspective

---------

From: krista hagan (khagan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 08:22:11 PDT

Paulette,
I'm currently doing 1-point perspective with my 7th graders and we are
basing it on the work af Sandy Skoglund. They are creating a room that
will be colored monochromatically, then will have an object of their
choice, in the complementary color to the room, repeat throughout
(object will be from cut paper). We discussed Surrealism, and they may
also draw a person (who will be flesh-colored -doesn't match the room)
or cut out 1 to 2 photos of a friend, family member, etc. to be in their
room.

We just started the drawings and they look great(Some understand it
completely, others find perspective to be a real struggle)
Anyone have any easy way to explain perspective? They understand say,
how the front of a building/box is horizontal and vertical, how the
corners (convergence lines) create diagonals, but just can't get how/why
the back of the building/box must be horizontal and vertical just like
the front. There are a few who just can't comprehend) Thanks.
Hope this can be helpful,Paulette
-Krista

---