Re: parchment

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 08:29:57 PDT

lia wrote:

> I found this in my own "archives" from this list......don't have the
> original author...
>
> lia

Lia,

'Twas I. This is the handout from my NAEA presentation. The large
Celtic letters are from a Dover book.

For those of you who will use the shellac, I found out later that
household ammonia will clean the brush. Denatured alcohol is EXTREMELY
flammable (used for chafing dishes and fondue burners). I've got a
couple of other things to try that are less fume-y than ammonia (one
being Simple Green, another BrushFlush, the other Citra-Solv).

Maggie

---