Re: Slide Mounts - amulet project

---------

From: Geoffrey LaForge (lagrageo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 17:26:40 PDT

    I just participated in a workshop based on the Beaded Prayers
Project where we each made a fabric pouch, 3 - 4" in size. We enclosed a
wish, dream or prayer written on paper and sealed between the two pieces
of fabric. Each pouch or amulet is decorated with at least one bead.
These will become part of a travelling exhibit representing the efforts
of thousands of people throughout the world.

Perhaps the slide mounts could sandwich a message and be decorated with
beads, buttons,sequins, etc. and even worn in the style of catholic
scapulars.
Grace LaForge

---