the art "want" list

---------

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 18:33:08 PDT

I just finished my recently.......here it is:

  Clear empty 35mm film containers, 13oz size coffee cans w/lids if possible
Long nozzle squirt bottles and also misters….bottles with a misting function.
Large plastic containers….such as large yogurt containers w/lids. Large
flat Styrofoam meat plates without a lot of texture.
Very shallow flat….plastic containers… the cream cheese size w/lids
Plastic buckets ….med. sized with handles and lids or just lids
Ice cream sticks, tongue depressors….or anything that size to be used for
mixing paint
The very shallow clear plastic containers you get sauces for dipping
in…..w/lids. If someone has a Sam's club membership and prices
these…..let me know. They would be invaluable for Mr. Hall when he paints.
Aluminum foil, plastic wrap, zip lock bags
Sponge brushes (all sizes welcome)…….sponges are also useful.
Small pieces of wood…..small enough to glue together without further
cutting…odd shapes are good…………and flat pieces for mounting sculptures…
5x5 inches or so.
Paper (this is really open….most …I would like heavier not-slick
papers….and unusual papers).
Mat board….scrap sizes are fine…..also black and white foam core is fun and
plain grey board
Old colored telephone wire……other wires can help also…
Needle nose pliers, other pliers, wire cutters, hammers, screw drivers,
bigger paint brushes
Old tiles and old colored broken dishes…if we get enough we can use them
for mosaic
Old kitchen utensils….and silverware…..rolling pins, wooden chopsticks
Bones, skulls, and other odd interesting objects to draw
Magazines to cut up, newspaper, odd gift wrap, and brown kraft-like paper
Notions: Yarn, string, thread, fabric, leather, needles, beads, old
jewelry, ribbon, nuts, bolts, washers, etc.
Large flat plastic containers…..the photo developing size (good for storing
& marbleizing)
Art books, old calendars, art pictures, animal pictures, etc.
Paint (house paint, tempera, acrylic and primer)
Soft (not crunchy) plastic bags (all sizes…but esp. the produce kind)
without holes
Brown paper grocery store bags
Rolls of paper towels and maybe a few Kleenex boxes
A full size manikin
cheap hairspray (works as a fixative for chalk)
large pieces of heavy glass 15x20 inches or so (used for rolling out ink)
oh…..and I am still taking burnt-out light bulbs

I don't need: egg cartons, toilet paper/paper towel rolls, plastic shopping
bags, glass jars, meat trays that are small, high walled or have a texture
on them, plastic jugs,

...lia

---