what to do with slide mounts......

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 17:27:45 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>From: <wjbaas@execpc.com>
> Hi All you creative and knowledgeable people,
> Anybody have any cool ideas about what to do with a ton of slide mounts?
>
> Have a bundle, some with slides in, some without. Have already thought
> of collage, modules,center of interest, jewelry. Am looking for some
> other ideas I haven't done.
*******************
Little cardboard slide mounts.....
These are absolutely PERFECT for using as view-finders. Use two rubber
bands...one going horizontal and one going vertical. They are just the right
size for individuals.

They are also excellent...with the rubber bands...to discuss enlarging. Find
a magazine picture with great, large lettering. Find a creative edge of the
lettering or good composition within the slide casing window. Enlarge to 12"
by 12" (or figure out your ratio to the small size slide to the bigger size
paper). It's been awhile so I'm thinking it's not a square but a rectangle
size hole, right? Anyway, cut your large paper proportionally.

I've done both of these things and it worked well. Hummmm. I'll have to go
back and hunt for my slides now in all my packing boxes...I'm motivationally
renewed! Toodles....Bunki

---