Re: plaster hands.....

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 09:11:30 PDT

When I do plaster hands with high school students we use gloves rather
than vaseline. The gloves are pulled tight and taped on the palm side -
then I proceed exactly as Bunki directs. I have never used the whole hand
method as my hands are usually mounted with wire on board to make some
sort of statement. One year when I had a small class they made one big
huge tree (using white styrofoam as a base). we gessoed the whole thing -
it was spectacular and ghostly with hands for branches and reaching up the
trunk.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---