Know of collage artists/ideas?

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 18:53:30 PDT

Hi all--
Awhile back, people were talking about using words and images. I would like to do a collage project with my 8th grade on this. I liked Krista's idea of making lists of words and creatiing a poem out of them, then a piece of art based on the poem.
I have looked at the works of Herb Lubalin, Robert Indiana and Barbara Kruger, but they're not really what I'm thinking of.
I'd like to use words/images from magazines/newspapers, combining them with pastel, tissuepaper, fabric...whatever, on a piece of oaktag or some other heavy paper.
Does anyone know of any artists who do work like this? Or web sites for collage artists? I'd like to give my kids some sample works to consider.
Or does anyone have just some ideas?
Thanks much
TG

---