Re: gift for student teacher

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 18:02:22 PDT

Thanks again for all the great student teacher gift ideas. Below is a list
of all the ideas, if anyone is interested.
Leah

> any of Helen Hume's books...i.e. survival guides for secondary art
teacher, survival guide for elementary/middle school art teacher, or art
teacher's book of lists.
> San D (Judy Nagel also suggested this)

> I have given large carriers (ok, not to you, Mary!) for transporting
student work.
> Jude

> I received a terrific book called "Teaching Art with Books Kids Love" by
> Darcie Clark Frohardt.

> Book of Lists is great also I love my Annotated Mona Lisa.
> Laurie

I recieved a Chicago Art institute umbrella that was signed by all my HS
students. I still read student responses to my teaching -from 6 years ago-
they are still very uplifting! I have also used my umbrella in various
still life settings. It has become very much a part of me.
Kathy in Kalamazoo

> How about one of the Mona Brooks books on drawing for children or older
children/
> Sue E. Stewart
> Sumner High School

> I'm big on baskets and I make my student teacher - new teacher basket with
lots
> of goodies--such as The Art Journal Questions( booklet), colorful
paperclips,
> fun pens, post- notes, chocolate,and coffee cup are somethings I might
put in a basket.
> MaryB

> I think a set of basic tools would be really handy, like a hammer,
screwdriver with slotted and Phillips ends, pliers, needle-nose pliers,
> hot glue gun, measuring tape, etc. I can't tell you how often I use mine
each week.
> Maggie

Another good gift for a student teacher would be the Art Trivia cards from
Nasco. They are fairly pricey...$17, I think, but I use them at the end of
every class. Kids who are clenned up and ready to leave can raise their hand
to answer...the reward for a correct response? They get to leave a minute
early!
Marcia ---

---