Re: flour and water paste ???

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 17:00:18 PDT

> croberts wrote:
>
> I have a friend who has written me....she used flour and water for
> making masks last week. She says they still have not dried...and
> wants to know what she can do to help this.

Get them outta that NC humidity and send them to AZ!

> Also, she wants to know the formula for mixing flour and water to make
> a paste...what's the ratio of water to flour...or do you add something
> else...maybe glue??????

Seriously, though, I've never had a problem with the flour and water
paste. We just mix it like pancake batter: put some flour in a shallow
bowl, add small amounts of water at a time and stir with a fork to get
out all the lumps. We use it at pancake batter consistency. It forms a
hard shell like Bunki's famous Vano starch, but unlike Vano, doesn't
keep; it has to be mixed fresh each day.

What are they forming the masks on? Perhaps the material underneath is
preventing them from drying.

Maggie

---