Re: flour and water paste ???

---------

From: Diane Beilby (dibeilby_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 12:11:02 PDT

flour and water and things that don't dry

I have had problems in the past with student works not drying
especially when it is very humid

I have been using
Ross art paste for small items
but when we receintly made a large mascot head
I went back to flour and water because it dries harder

consistancy - I try for pancake batter- liquid but thick

Very important
I demonstrate to students
get paper saturated on both sides
and then use first and second fingers like a pair of scissors to scrape off excess paste
if they leave a gloppy layer of paste under the strip of newspaper it will not dry quickly enough and then will be prone to molding if it is very humid

---