Re: Warhol.... and character development

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 11:38:36 PDT

    I have learned over the years of singing in church choirs that the
composers may not practice the faith that we assume is in evidence in the
music. The beautiful and heartfelt church music of Ralph Vaughan Williams
and John Rutter was composed by agnostics, according to the biographies I
have read. That knowledge has never interfered with my admiration of them
and their art. Thoughtful, insightful and productive...good words to live
by. More on this subject...as posted in Dear Abby today...
    "Thought makes action
    Action makes habit
    Habit makes character
    Character makes destiny" by Jessica Cosgrave

Too often students feel they
> must be outrageous to produce art, and that is definitely
> not true. What you must be is thoughtful, insightful, and
> productive to produce art.

---