Re: K-5 Plans

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 11:15:13 PDT

Hello Jozzlaine,

   Welcome to your first year of teaching! You have come to the right place
for your professional development as an art teacher.
   I t will help you a lot to make a chart of the major broad areas of art
forms you want to cover with each grade level for the year. Each of those
areas should be covered in some sequential way from K on up the grades. You
can develop and adjust specific lessons from that depending on your
resources. For instance my broad categories are as follows: drawing,
painting, printmaking, fiber arts, sculpture, collage, mixed media and
responding to art activities. There are others, of course, that other list
members may have. I will be happy to share with you any lesson ideas I have
developed over the years.

                   Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

Jozzlaine@aol.com at Jozzlaine@aol.com wrote:

  How do I know what concepts to teach from there? I want to make sure that
I layer the information correctly. I do try to not get too freaked out all
at once. I know it is my first year. I cant cover every base, but.......