Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Warhol.... and character development

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 09:24:13 PDT

Judy, I'm glad you posted this. It was my comment comparing Warhol and
Madonna, but all my reference material is at school and I didn't want to
post anything I couldn't back up. I orignally made the above comment in
reference to marketing concepts and personal morals - something that was
discussed extensively in my college classes a decade ago. I personally don't
believe that Warhol had this unbelieveable talent - rather, his artwork was
a reaction to the television inundating the public with ads that they were
unused to receiving. His ideas were new and unique, and that is what I
believe is his contribution to the artworld. Who else could make a 3 hour
movie (with no sound) of people getting a haircut, and actually make money
on it? :-)