Re: Allergic to Clay?

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 17:46:50 PDT

Hi Sharon, You mentioned a couple of times that there are precautions that
we should all be taking. Would you mind listing any that you think of.
In my class I have the kids wet-mop after every class--the tables
included. I don't let them slam the clay down ever--they can wedge it or
roll it. I warn them about dust from the beginning and get really upset
when I see/breathe any in a noticable way. When you live in Nevada, you
breathe a certain amount of dust on a daily basis--especially in an
extreme drought condition like this year. The good thing is that we
hardly ever get any mold! Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #