Screamer disaster.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 20:54:40 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Betty Bowen" <aunthoppy@yahoo.com>
> The project I'll never do again is screamers. I know it works for
> everybody else. The advice I got from this list was to have the kids make
> the hands first, because that's the hardest part and in the beginning they
> still have attention spans. That made a great deal of sense to me....until
> I did it.
***************************

I feel so bad about your Screamer experience as I was the nut who told you
to do the hands first. Still good advice but you obviously had the class
from hell so my advice wasn't much help. You must have had nightmares about
this class!

I usually get all the "bad" boys in my Screamer class too but I've solved
the problem because when kids hear it's being offered, they want to take the
course and I have a deal with the counselor. I always get too many kids
wanting the class which means a waiting list. First thing out of my rosebud
mouth at the beginning of the semester is..."Anyone goofin' around or
wasting time will be eliminated from the classroom roster and the next
person on the waiting list is "in". I've followed through just once but and
it does improve things to have this support from the counselor.

I don't know if this would work for you (as if you would EVEN want to try it
again!). Toodles....Bunki

---