Need your help and input...please

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 10:07:05 PDT

Hi All, I need clarification on some basic issues regarding art education in
the schools and I thought you would be the best resource for this
information.

*Is it your understanding that there is little art taught at the elementary
level in the US?
*Does your state require art education? At what levels?
*Is elementary school defined as grades K-5
*Is Jr. High and Middle School the same and is it defined as grades 6-8?
*Is it your understanding that very little art education is taught at the
Sr. High level?
*Would you agree that most funding (read monies) are spent at the Jr High
level? If not what level?
*Is tempera paint used at all levels of art education?
*Is acrylic paint used at all levels of art education?

I would really appreciate some quick feedback if you can supply any answers
to my inquiries. I am trying to get a cross section of responses. I don't
want to jam up the list so please respond to me privately jnagel@saxarts.com
. Many thanks to anyone who can help. Judy Nagel

jnagel@saxarts.com

---