Re: Policies on High School student art shows

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 08:11:44 PDT

Copying a master's work is an acceptable method of "learning" but should not be passed off as one's own. Unique and creative originals by students is a goal we hope to inspire. Remember to allow the student freedom to express their thoughts with images, they will tell you a lot about themselves.

>>> judiej50@mindspring.com 10/11 1:57 AM >>>
The College Board that governs Advanced Placement Art classes in high
schools states that the work must be significantly changed in order to
qualify. You can check out their requirements regarding this at their
website
http://www.collegeboard.org/ap/studioart/

Good luck.

Judie