Re(2): Art Shows

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 05:38:50 PDT

Jan,

Thank you for your information. Even though I have the title of District
Art Coordinator, I am really just the one who listens to the teachers,
voices our concerns , and hope someone at Administration level understands
enough to help. I am not an administrator myself. We do not have an
actual Fine Arts Director in the District. We are the only area that does
not have this. We completed a staff development day just last week.
Many of our art teachers in the district worked on other curriculum such
as language arts and math. Some principals did not even know there were
or had access to the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills). Ours
have been in place for years. I am fiercely trying to meet with all to
voice concerns.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org