Ceramics homework

---------

From: Marian Colman (Colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 02:38:27 PDT

I am struggling with homework assignments to give my high school beginning
ceramics students. At the end of first term we begin a "Ceramics Roots"
research assignment where they have to choose a culture, select a specific
piece from that culture, research and write a paper from the point of view
of the piece, and create a piece "inspired by" the culture. It is a fairly
hefty project but I am looking for shorter, more routine assignments that
they can do at home throughout the semester. I have thought of doing
ceramic critiques, but I don't have enough images to give them to bring
home. Not all kids have a computer so I'm at a loss as to what to do. They
are a great class and work hard in the studio, but I should be givng them
more HW. Any ideas?
Thanks, Marian

---