Re: programming question

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 20:43:43 PDT

In a message dated 10/10/2001 10:40:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Holly112@aol.com writes:

> My district has attempted to do block scheduling, however I don't think its
> been done correctly.

Hi, Holly!
In my district block scheduling is done for one reason and one reason only-
so that classroom teachers on the same grade level get "common prep". For
example, one third grade goes to art, another to music, another to gym, all
at the same time on the same day. Then, the grade levels can meet at that
time, if they want. What it means for me is that I never have classes on one
grade level back to back. That would make it too easy in terms of set up and
clean up, as I do the same art lesson for the whole grade level. It also
means set up, discussion, art activity, and clean up in 40 min., and change
gears, materials, etc.in the whole 5 min. in between classes. I HATE block
scheduling! But, I can't really complain-it beats my former situation- no
block scheduling, but no room either!

Looking forward to seeing you soon at our workshop series ( I got your
registration).
Susan on Long Island

---