RE: Is anyone using the image manipulation program GIMP?

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 08:23:15 PDT

Hi,
I too have heard people rave about GIMP. However, I would like to suggest
something else to try. This is my first year of teaching all computer
classes, in a brand new Dell lab. I had personally used Paint Shop Pro and
loved it. While I have Photoshop I never really took to it and thought it
was clumsy and not really intuitive. Once I used Paint Shop Pro, I fell in
love with it's easy, intuitive interface. So, I bought it for the Dell lab
and have been teaching it to the kids. Paint Shop Pro is under $100 a
license and comes with a program called Animation Shop. The whole package
packs a lot of punch for the money.

I am about 7.5 minutes ahead of the kids in curriculum planning, but would
gladly share the lessons I've developed so far.

-Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA