Re: Allergic to Clay?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 08:19:44 PDT

Caryl Dahn wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with a student that when working on the
> wheel throwing pottery has his hands become extremely wrinkled. Much
> more then the usual. Have you heard of someone having an allergic
> reaction to clay?

I have had one or two students who had a genuine reaction to clay, as
opposed to those who just don't like getting their hands dirty ;) Their
symptoms were more of the irritated, itchy, red variety. I had to
modify the assignment to either a research paper or working with another
material.

Maggie

---