Is anyone using the image manipulation program GIMP?

---------

From: T. Peters (tpeters_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 08:06:10 PDT

  My tech support person here at school recommended a free-ware program
for image manipulation that is available on the net called GIMP. We do
not have a budget that can afford alot of graphics programs. If you
haven't ever hear of the program, it is amazing to say the least. It is
comparable if not better than Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator from waht I have
seen and read.
  I was wondering if anyone was using it the classroom. I am trying to
use it - but am wondering if someone has found a good way for students to
learn such a large program and what projects you are using to get them
started. The course I am teaching is Visual Communication and I am
struggling with specific lessons for them to learn about design and image
manipulation.
  If you have any help or have even used Adobe for any projects, please
let me know. You can e-mail me directly.
Thanks,
T. Peters

---