Re: Allergic to Clay?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 19:02:37 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Holly112@aol.com
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: Allergic to Clay?

In a message dated 10/10/01 7:43:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
artappeal@msn.com writes:

As far as clay reactions, my knuckles get dry and crack
after using clay, just having it on my hands for 10 min. I'm glad I don't
teach ceramics anymore!

Whenever I did clay projects, I'd dab a bit of lotion on each student's
washed hands while lined up waiting for the bell to ring. Worked for me and
my students!

Holly :0) ---

Good idea, Holly! BTW I don't teach the class "Ceramics" any more. I do
let the kids work with clay when I can, but now at the el. school, I don't
have a kiln. We worked with clay in art club today, and I would've had the
kids use lotion, but I couldn't find it! Time to clean, I guess.

Leah

---