Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Allergic to Clay?

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 17:20:16 PDT

I had a student a few years ago who had a severe allergy to the dust and wound up doing a research paper for me on Picasso's ceramics.

Now that I've gotten a bit older I've found that I can hardly tolerate being in a room with the dust flying around without gagging, coughing and wheezing. I let the other art teacher do the clay.

Dennis Golombek
Lowry Middle School
North Tonawanda, NY