Re: scholastic and copies, consequences....

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 16:51:39 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Austin's" <whest177@wheatstate.com>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: scholastic and copies, consequences....

> rules weren't followed, and were in fact rewarded? Several years ago (9
> years I believe) there was a well-known magazine add of a little boy. The
> grand prize winner of the show had taken this little boys face, blown it
up
> really large and painted flies on it. . .

It sounds to me like the image was used, but not exactly "copied." Kind of
reminds me of "sampling" issues in music. Did the ad just feature the face,
like the student did? Is this called appropriation? Was there a reason or
statement being made? What was the ad about? How do you feel about
Warhol's soup cans? This is a highly debatable topic. <BIG grin>
Leah

---