crayon resist

---------

From: M Susan Manning (msusanm_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 16:29:45 PDT

I put several pans of black watercolor in some water
overnight. I use this solution to do the resist. I think
the abrasive particles in tempera scratch the wax. Also I
use a large soft brush, same reasoning. I will admit that
the kids like the product less then their aging hippy art
teacher. Maybe antique finishes are a sixties thing!

Sue

---