art shows

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 12:26:49 PDT

NCAEA has published a pamplet entitled "Art Contest Guidelines for School
Children." The national assoc. probably has something too. I will be happy
to copy mine and send it snail mail if you will contact me (and they're
aren't 500 requests) :-)
        Personally, it seems to me that the administrators should leave it
up to the experts-the art teachers. Is there not anything in your program
goals that you can use as your rationale? If need be, why not poll the
parents-bet they'd rather see little Johnny's work up instead of ribbons.
Linda in NC

---