Art Shows

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 12:07:06 PDT

My district is all up in arms on how to handle displaying students work.

Art teachers only want an Art Show, no ribbon, trophies, or money awarded.
 This is K-12, 30 teachers. The administrations feels that students
should be awarded the above. Last year was our first district wide art
show. All students were awarded a participation ribbon. Some elementary,
not all, teachers feel that students that age should not be exposed to
competiton, yet most of these students are in little league. Views and
opinions wanted.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org