Re: Policies on High School student art shows

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 12:03:19 PDT

Julie,

I feel that in working with our TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and
Skills) one of the bullets is students working from imagination,
observation, or experience. As far as copying, I do allow students to do
small activities where they copy to learn techniques, working with media,
and various subjects. When it comes to studio projects for test, shows,
and competitions, they are on their own.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org
jab1997@bryanisd.org