crayon resist

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 09:51:45 PDT

Well, once again, Bunki and I have used similar procedures! I just did
crayon resist for radial balance kaleidoscope designs and had the same
problem with the black tempera. After it had a chance to soak in and even
dry, I had my students quickly run them under the faucet and then lay on
newsprint to dry. Students were much happier then. I am wondering if the
amount or quality of wax in crayons has changed. I don't remember having had
this problem years ago. Has anyone tried the soybean crayons with this
method? I'm curious as to how they would work. Linda in NC

---