art show copy rules

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 09:35:34 PDT

Julie wrote "What are your opinions? Do you have any written guidelines
that I might
pass on?"

Scholastic Art and Writing Awards Competition, one of the national and state
"biggies" prohibits the use of copied material. I feel fairly sure that the
NAEA probably has taken a stand on this as well and may have published
something-I would start there.

In my own classroom, I prohibit the copying of work unless it is to learn
brushstroke, technique, etc. Then it must be labeled as such, e.g. "after
VanGogh" and I never enter it in competition. If need be, you could
probably use copyright law to reinforce your opinion. Linda in NC

---