Policies on High School student art shows

---------

From: Julie Mohr (jmohr_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 09:16:50 PDT

Hello, I need policies, rules, regulations, etc. for competitive high
school art shows. A neighboring conference hosts a show and are at war
about "copying".

The schools have different opinions on what should be allowed in the
competition. Some of the schools feel that students learn from copying
the work of other artists and therefore should be allowed in the
show. Others feel that no copied work should be allowed.

What are your opinions? Do you have any written guidelines that I might
pass on?

Thanks, Julie

---