Art Survey Requests

---------

From: Denise Tanaka (dartist25_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 20:58:59 PDT

Hello all,

Many of you emailed and expressed an interest in a handout I do at the
beginning of a semester/year, so here goes: (I didn't have it on a floppy,
so I'll type it out and you all can just print)

 T/F

1. I am a good artist.
2. Art is only found in museums and galleries.
3. You have to know how to draw well to be considered an artist.
4. Kitchen dishes should not be considered art.
5. I don't like to talk about my artwork.
6. I don't care about anyone else's artwork.
7. There is no point in being an artist because you will never make any
money.
8. Art is related to every subject in school, including math.
9. I am just taking art because I have to.
10. I want to learn more about art works from around the world.
11. People who are good artists are born that way.
12. Art is boring.
13. Just like math or history, you have to learn how to draw or make 3D
art, you don't just know how.
14. I'm excited to learn about art this semester.

It's interesting to see the responses.....then we talk about a few of
them. It'd be interesting to go back to these at the end of the school
year and see if anything has changed. hmmmmm....

Enjoy!
Denise Tanaka

---