origami

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 10:12:09 PDT

I'm surprised to see that so many of you have given up
on origami! Its the kind of thing I would have hated
when I was a kid, because I really don't usually have
the patience for that kind of thing, but the kids I
have taught absolutely love it! I teach it to all of
my sixth graders, and I taught some to elementary
schoolers when I student taught.
I showed our AG teacher, our principal, and some other
faculty members how to make the crane, and they in
turn showed their students, and we now have 1000
cranes in a mobile in our front lobby for a Sept 11
memorial. I had my picture taken with some art club
members for the paper today in front of the mobile(hee
hee!)
Maybe I should sign up to do a workshop at NAEA next
year to show ya'll how to fold some stuff, and how to
teach it. Hmmmm........

My biggest mistake was doing a pumpkin carving contest
last Thursday, only to have to throw them out today
because they are already Rotten! We should have
displayed them outside. :(

Jayna