collage idea for kinder

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 14:17:31 PDT

please help me out because my brain isn't working. I just did a couple of
class periods of frottage with my kindergartners. Day 1 we did rubbings of
wall paper samples and those plastic texture plates, Day 2 we went outside and
found textures to rub. My intention was to use all these frottage papers for a
torn paper collage, only now I can't think of what kind of collage to make.
Maybe I should just have them try creating a repeating pattern-- or should I
try to have them make a picture of something like an animal or food-- I don't
want this to be too hard for them. I need to make a sample for them to see but
I can't decide what their goal should be! Anyone want to be my spare brain
today?

---