Re: Developing K-5 Lesson Plans

---------

From: Glenda Sherrill (gmsherrill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 19:17:11 PDT

I usually do different projects for each grade level.
That way the students don't repeat the same projects
the following year. When I was teaching K-5 I used to
start my year with the Elements of Design. I'd teach
the same one to all grades beginning with "line" and
each grade would do a different project. When I'd
display their work the students would see 6 projects
using "line". I would do the same with different
artists, cultures, and so on. It worked really great
for me and I still do it in my 4-6 school, but it
doesn't seem to work as well in my Jr. High. I have
yet to figure out exactly how to organize their
curriculum.

Glenda