Re: project disasters.....

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 18:08:19 PDT

In a message dated 10/07/2001 12:26:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> LOL! That would be a fun thread to discuss....projects you will never do
> again!

Let's see, a project I wouldn't do again...The first approach I used to my
George Segal project. The disaster was using a live 5th grade student for a
model. The 2nd mistake was not encouraging him to use the bathroom before we
plastered him from his feet to his waist. Yup...needed to "unwrap" him after
that so he could go to the bathroom. Wait! It gets worse... after teams of
kids re-wrapped him (this time to his chest) he felt sick and needed to
throw up. So, here I am holding a bucket under his chin with a mess all over
the plastercraft. After I completely unwrapped him again, and he went home
after the trauma, I found out the poor kid gets sick when he gets excited.
He was sooo excited that I picked him to be the model, that that's exactly
what happened! After that, I figured out a different and successful, easy
way to make a life-size, life-like figure. LOL Susan on Long Island

---