Re: Developing K-5 Lesson Plans

---------

From: Heath & Michal Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 20:02:51 PDT

The way I have created my K-12 curriculum is to break it down into what I want each level to know, then adapt lessons around that. My K-6 students all have their own, unique lessons, although I may adapt the subject matter to fit the grade level. I also find that some lessons just apply themselves better to certain levels. I have different artists that each level learns as well. I have several lessons posted that you may (or may not!) find helpful. Good luck! And stick to this list - you will find it a valuable professional resource. :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  Greetings-
  I am a new teacher and I am struggling with creating lesson plans that can be stranded for Grades K-6. Do I create 6 different lesson plans? Do I create lesson plans that certain levels can share ( ie: Grades 1 and 2 ) ?
  I welcome any and all suggestions on how to best approach this issue.
  Thank you ---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu

---