Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Mexico links page updated

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 17:47:33 PDT

> In a message dated 10/7/2001 11:45:02 AM, writes:
> << I have a big roll of brown craft paper and I cut it into
> varying sizes, >>
> Michal,
> I have done this, but before using the brown kraft paper, we scrunched
> several times, then smoothed it and painted it with thinned brown tempera.
> Gives it a great bark look.
> Janealla

We just did a simulated Amate paper project, too. We crumpled the brown
craft paper, soaked in water, squeezed, opened/flattened, and allowed it to
dry. After it dried and before we drew and painted on it, we lightly rubbed
the side of a peeled black crayon over the surface to pick up the texture of
the wrinkles.