Re: project disasters.....

---------

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 16:54:55 PDT

The project I'll never do again is screamers. I know it works for
everybody else. The advice I got from this list was to have the kids make
the hands first, because that's the hardest part and in the beginning they
still have attention spans. That made a great deal of sense to me....until
I did it.

I don't exactly get the cream of the crop behavior-wise, so I ended up
with "that hour" with lots of hands on the end of long arms. Guess what
they did with them? I told them that if they hit another kid with any
Screamer body part, they'd lose the body part. It didn't occur to me they
wouldn't have the sense to make that part over. So I ended up with daily
paper mache slapfights, trash cans full of body parts, and not one
finished screamer.

---