Re: Plaster sculpture

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 04:04:32 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
> Also, any ideas on how to
>glue plaster back together if a piece breaks off- what type of glue to use?
>Epoxy? We will do Henry Moore sculptures- very cool last year, but they
>were made soley of plaster- hard to carve and kept breaking! Any help would
>be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! -Michelle mmolnar@theriver.com

I used the info at Sharon's page with this link:
http://www.art-rageous.net/carving.html. The thing about this mixture is that
you carve while it is still moist. When it gets dry, it is difficult to carve
as regular plaster is. When pieces broke during the carving process, I just
glued them with Elmer's. Because the whole piece was still damp, this bond
wasn't strong enough to allow more serious carving on that part of the
sculpture, but the bond holds together once the sculpture is dry and hard.

---