Plaster sculpture

---------

From: Michelle (mmolnar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 12:13:24 PDT

Someone awhile ago suggested adding vermiculite to plaster to make it softer
and easier to carve. If you know of this trick, can you please tell me what
the ratio of plaster to vermiculte should be? Also, any ideas on how to
glue plaster back together if a piece breaks off- what type of glue to use?
Epoxy? We will do Henry Moore sculptures- very cool last year, but they
were made soley of plaster- hard to carve and kept breaking! Any help would
be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! -Michelle mmolnar@theriver.com

---