Dia de los muertos

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 13:31:54 PDT

seems appropriate to post these links for the beginning of october (from the
most recent issue of Yahoo Internet Life)

History of Day of the Dead:
http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/feature/daydeadindex.html
(really good photos of traditional altars and crafts as well as what is put
on the altar and why)

Recipes:
http://www.latina.com/new/magazine/books/98/oct/cocina.html

Buy folk art relating to Day of the Dead:
http://www.buymexicanfolkart.com -- click on day of the dead
(looked like some good deals to me--I particularly would like an example of
papel picado, might have to talk my wife into this one)

History and fun stuff:
http://www.azcentral.com/rep/dead/
(more history and you can even send your own skeleton postcards)