Portland (OR) Area Art Teachers?

---------

From: Kathy K (kekoontz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 17:24:27 PDT

Hello:
I recently decided to change gears and pursue a career in art education.
I'd really like to have an informational interview with someone who works
in the Portland area (or if someone would like to have an e-informational
interview?). My degree is in Art History and I do have some experience in
teaching at the middle school level.

Here are some of the questions I'd like to ask:
Why did you choose to become an art teacher?
Have you taught at different grade levels?
Would you consider teaching in a private school rather than a public
school (or, visa-versa)?
What are some of the struggles you've faced? What are some of the
highlights?
It's been suggested to me that I wouldn't need to have a teaching
credential to be an art teacher...is that true?
How would you suggest I pursue my passion?

Thanks for your time! I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Kathy

---