RE: skull cleaning

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 05:49:06 PDT

I live next to a farm in rural CT and frequently come across bones and skulls. When I've found them with skin and hair, I've made a mental note about where they were so I could go back for them after they were cleaned naturally. Unfortunately, just about every time, dogs or coyotes cart them away by the time I return. Maybe chaining them down somehow, or staking a metal basket over them would work better.
I have also soaked them on bleach for a week or two which seems to work pretty well but is really gross.
The best bones and skulls I have are ones that were buried and then oncovered by animals.
This is a fun strand!

Mark